Convener: Kimathi Kamencu (Advocate – pictured left).
Co-conveners; Geoffrey Sore (Advocate) and Peris Mwaura John.
The Religion Committee of KCPF is involved in the following areas:
- The promotion and protection of Religious Freedom (Article 32 of the Kenya Constitution)
- Complementary to above is engagement with churches & umbrella groups in facilitation of dialogue with members of other faiths in the country.
- General advancement of the Christian faith in the Kenyan society.
CURRENT THEMATIC AREAS
Currently the committee has focused on the following thematic areas – Atheism, Religious Extremism and Church & State Interaction.
- Christian Governance Networking Forum
- Engagement with relevant bodies on the formulation of a legal framework for governance of religious bodies.
- Church in the North – strategizing on how to support.
- Ecumenical Prayer Breakfast in January 2016
- Seminar on Apologetics in October 2015.
- Religious Extremism – strategy paper prepared in July 2015.
- Articles – publication in Kenyan newspapers